Collections Call Center Representative – Medical Debt Collector
HMI Financial Services is looking for an energetic and reliable individual to serve as a Collections Call Center Representative. You will be responsible for a portfolio of third party debt collection accounts and will negotiate and set up payment plans with individuals who have outstanding medical bills. You will handle both outbound and inbound calls and must maintain a balance between empathizing with consumers and firmly asking them to arrange for payment. The hours for this position are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday with one later shift per month from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
As a Collections Call Center Representative, you will interact with consumers in negotiation for the collection of defaulted or delinquent medical bills on behalf of our clients. This will involve establishing contact with consumers and then either working out a payment plan or escalating the account to another department. You will also maintain a professional and courteous manner and work within designated guidelines while effectuating prompt payment of medical debts.
Your specific duties as a Collections Call Center Representative will include:
- Contacting consumers via telephone to attempt debt collection
- Establishing consumers’ location and contact information via skip tracing if necessary
- Determining consumers’ ability and willingness to pay and identifying the appropriate repayment program / options available to them
- Establishing settlements or monthly payments with consumers
- Setting up consumer payments via check, electronic fund transfer or credit card
- Meeting or exceeding all production goals
- Understanding and fully complying with all federal and state laws and regulations (including HIPAA) with regard to collections policies and procedures
- Mastering the collection system to appropriately and effectively work your assigned portfolio
As a Collections Call Center Representative, you must be an energetic and motivated self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision after completing your initial training period. You must also have the ability to utilize the available information to quickly and efficiently work out result-oriented solutions providing the best resolution for all parties. It is also vital that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as effective negotiation abilities.
Specific qualifications for the Collections Call Center Representative position include:
- High School diploma OR GED
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft applications
- Good phone voice
- Basic collection skills, including skip tracing methods
- Familiarity with FDCPA, HIPAA, TCPA and State laws
- Ability to move quickly and accurately and work in a predictive dialing solution environment
- Bilingual abilities, a plus
We value and appreciate your hard work and professional dedication as a Collections Call Center Representative and will reward you with a compensation package that includes base salary depending on years of experience and work history, as well as an uncapped commission structure that provides you with unlimited earning potential. You will also receive benefits.
Your benefits as a Collections Call Center Representative will include:
- Group health coverage
- Dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Personal time off (PTO)
HMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer